Conversion and Renovation
The townhouse, built in 1896 by Rudolf Linder, is a registered architectural monument whose original building fabric had already been massively altered by various conversions before it was included in the inventory of listed buildings.
The centrepiece of the house is an interior staircase with a generous skylight.
The living rooms on the three floors were arranged around the staircase and form a generous sequence of rooms on the ground floor and 1st floor through connecting doors of different sizes between the rooms.
In the course of the renovation, the bathrooms and the kitchen were renewed on the one hand, but on the other hand, in the sense of the room sequences, the kitchen was opened towards the dining room and closed doors were made visible again.
Stucco, woodwork and the original floor coverings were cleaned, repaired and refurbished.
In the dining area, a window was replaced with a large pivot door, extending the sequence of rooms from living room to dining room to the garden.
During the renovation, care was taken to use oil, glue and mineral paints, as was already the case in the existing building. The colour scheme of the ground floor and the staircase was reduced. The former colour scheme of the house can be experienced in the living rooms of the two upper floors, whereby one basic tone determines each floor and is complemented by other colours.
Single-family house under monument protection
Planning and execution of conversion